Click on Pic for Personal Page
Mail S. Kellogg
Whole Brain Thinking
- Be able to describe what is meant by the whole brain metaphor.
- Describe the team development process and how it relates to the
situational leadership grid.
- Be able to list the 3 characteristics of high performing teams as
described by Vail.
Creative Problem Solving
- Briefly describe the whole brain process for creative problem solving.
- Be able to list some tools for idea generation.
- Describe what is meant by SCAMPER in idea generation.
- Describe what is meant by synthesis in idea evaluation.
- Describe the factor weighting method for selecting design/problem
- Given a factor weighted table with raw scores, be able to select a
solution alternative that maximizes a weighted score.
- Be able to describe the Pugh method.
- Given a Pugh matrix with design alternatives with +/- scores, be able to
select a design alternatives.
- Be able to describe the TRIZ method.
- Know the two fundamental principles of the TRIZ theory of inventive
- Know the two types of contradictions generally accepted as tradeoffs in
traditional solving, be able to give examples, and describe how TRIZ
attempts to eliminate them.
- Given a TRIZ table of 40 inventive principles, be able to suggest 2
methods by which to dissolve a technical contradiction.