||The primary focus of this course is to introduce studens to sources of funds and organizational strategies for new business start ups.|
||T, R 3:00-4:15|
||M, W, 10:00-12:00; F 10:00-11:00|
Exam (1) 100
Grades of less than C available on request. Homework assigned during a given week will be due on the first class session the
following week except when otherwise noted. Homework that is one week late will be graded at 50%, two weeks late or over will not be graded.
There will be no retesting of exams. Makeup exams will be granted for absences due to school related activities provided it is cleared with the
instructor prior to the exam date. Makeup exams will also be granted for valid medical reasons.
- Material for this course is available online. Students are required to
read online material and conduct online exercises prior to attending class.
Reference material is listed above and is available in the IE collaboration space.
- To the extent possible, class work will involve group activities and
problem solving. Consequently, it is important that you read material
beforehand and come to class.
- No points are awarded for attendance (though attendance and grades are highly correlated). I care only that you can do the work, turn the problems in on time, and show up for the tests. Consequently, do not tell me when you are going to be absent. Do not ask me what we are going to cover - it is on the schedule and you have friends in the class.
- To facilitate group work and team problem solving exercises, it is important that you understand whole brain thinking.
The department has adopted whole brain thinking as the primary typological
criteria. If you do not know your HBDI profile, please contact your
instructor. You are also required to read the short blurb on student
understanding posted to the course site.
- The policy governing academic integrity shall be observed.
- The exam will be open book and closed notes. Programmable
calculators and module calculators are permitted. In order to
receive full credit, you must show your work.
- There will be no rescheduling of exams. Makeup exams may be
available provided arrangements are made with the instructor prior to the
exam date. Students must contact the instructor prior to the exam
for special problems, e.g.; illness, car won't start.
- Required assignments will be due at the beginning of the class period on
the due date. Late assignments will be accepted for 50% credit for
assignments submitted within a week of the due date.
- The instructor reserves the right to make modifications to the schedule
and/or syllabus on an as needed basis.
|Students with special needs or requiring special accommodations
should contact the instructor and the campus ADA coordinator, Ms. Jolie McCoy,
194-1924, at the earliest opportunity.